The Salewa Women's Alp Trainer Mid GTX Hiking Boot gives you feel of an approach shoe - thanks to its tough rand and to-the-toe lacing - as well as the comfort and light weight of a hiking shoe. How hard is this feat to pull off? Hard enough that Backpacker Magazine endowed the men's version of this boot with the 2011 Editor's Choice award. Not many boots manage that, do they?
- Gore-Tex Extended Comfort membrane blocks water and lets your feet breathe so you stay dry and comfortable
- 3F heel system uses a steel cord to transfer lace support around your feet, giving you exceptional support and fit without hampering movement
- EVA midsole and PU shock absorber cushion your foot on descents, and the Multi-Fit Footbed allows you to adjust the volume of the footbed in the shoe for a perfect fit
- A thin neoprene ankle collar keeps sand and debris from working into the boot and causing hot spots
- KEVLAR® rands give you durable protection from abrasive rocks and increase your grip when your hike starts to look more like a climb
- Extended climbing lacing towards the front allows you to dial in your fit
- Vibram Hike Approach soles gives your feet great traction even on slippery surfaces