The powerful Petzl Tikka RXP Headlamp has a vast array of features to give you an ideal amount of light whether you're running, climbing, hiking, backpacking, skiing, fishing, or camping. With just two simple buttons, you can cycle through all the various modes and levels quickly. The top button turns the headlamp on or off, and the side button lets you change which mode you'd like to use. The Reactive lighting mode uses a light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness according to how dark it is. This mode has three levels that you can change with the top button: standard gives a good balance of brightness, max power offers this lamp's brightest Reactive lighting, and max autonomy brings the best battery life out of the three. This headlamp also works like conventional headlamps with low, medium, and high levels, and you can switch to the highest level by pressing on the top button twice in case you're in a hurry for 215 lumens of light that shines your way up to 360 feet. There are also three different beams (wide, mixed, and focused) to help you see specific objects or your entire surroundings, and a red mode with steady and flashing levels for light without ruining your night vision and for emergencies.
A powerful but compact lithium-ion battery powers the Tikka R+ for a long time, and you can recharge it with the included USB cord. Petzl integrated a battery life indicator to let you know when you need to recharge the battery; once the indicator is flashing read, you have one hour of power left. Petzl attached this innovative headlamp to an equally innovative headband that has a lot of padding at the front for comfort on your forehead and a two-part construction at the back that stabilizes the headlamp during dynamic movements. The housing is water-resistant, and you can also tilt it to get the best angle along with the best brightness.
- 2 LED lights, 1 red light
- Reactive lighting mode with standard, max power, and max autonomy levels
- Constant lighting mode with low, medium, and high levels
- Wide, mixed, and focused beams
- Red mode with steady and flashing levels
- Rechargeable lithium-ion battery with USB cord (included)
- Battery charge indicator: green, orange, red, and blinking red
- Dual buttons with power at top and cycles at side
- Two-part construction headband at back, padded at front
- IP X4 water-resistant housing
- Tilting headlamp