On paper, the Pearl Izumi Men's EM Trail N1 Trail Running Shoe gives runners a minimalist-oriented 4mm heel-to-toe drop, or offset. When you hit the trail, though, you find that there's more to it than meets the eye: this trail runner's E:Motion midsole features what Pearl Izumi calls a 'Dynamic Offset' that changes as a runner moves through his stride. Because the effective heel-to-toe drop changes as you roll from heel to toe, you'll find you're driven forward with an intuitive flow and a natural, no-slap, no-crash, smooth-as-silk feel. Add to this a glove-like fit on the upper and trail-ready traction underneath, and you have a recipe for breakthrough runs.
The EM Trail N1 Trail Running Shoe is one of the three trail-specific offerings in Pearl Izumi's new Project E:Motion line. It is lighter and more minimalist than the N2, which is also designed for neutral runners. In comparison, the M2 features the same advanced Dynamic Offset technology as the N1 and N2, but with additional stability built in for runners in need of some pronation control.
- Lightweight, supple seamless upper conforms closely to your foot
- Tongue padded with perforated SBR that doesn't absorb water and offers great comfort and breathability
- Dynamic Offset E:Motion midsole changes from 1mm at contact to 4.5mm at mid-stance to smooth out every stride
- 1:1 Energy Foam in forefoot cushions impact and offers excellent energy return
- Forefoot rock plate protects your foot against bruising stones and other trail debris
- Durable carbon rubber sole features aggressive, multi-directional tread pattern for excellent traction
- Welded toe cap protects your feet from trail hazards without weighing down the shoe