A mitten will always be warmer than a glove made of comparable materials because your fingers share heat with one another in a mitten. The main drawback is a lack of dexterity, but with its modular design that features an insulated glove liner under a Gore-Tex shell, the Outdoor Research Mt. Baker Modular Mitten allows you to expose your fingers when you need a little added dexterity.
- Gore-Tex waterproof breathable membrane is guaranteed to keep you dry in brutal storms and allows evaporating sweat to pass through as you work up a sweat
- PrimaLoft One insulation traps in warmth and shields your hand from temps as low as -15 degrees F.
- An AlpenGrip palm provides solid grab on your poles or ice axe
- Pre-curved digits and updated thumb articulation improves dexterity
- Long gauntlet locks out snow, wind, and cold
- Hand-warmer pocket keeps your heat pack close to your hand when the temperature really drops