You're a pro, so go with the pack that's made just for you, the Mammut Pro Airbag RAS Backpack. This airbag system is removable and transferable for the ultimate in convenience and safety in the backcountry. The large single airbag increases your volume thus your flotation in the event of getting caught in a slide, and provides head protection from trauma. For guides, traveling in avalanche-prone terrain can be an occupational hazard, so it makes sense to take the necessary precautions.
This 35-liter pack also has plenty of room for all your gear, snow kit, tools, and extras for your group. Access this pack quickly and easily from the front or back panel. On the front is the easily accessed shovel and tool pocket. There's a very large, lined head pocket to keep you organized with your big loads. It has a diagonal ski carrier that stows away when not in use and a snowboard carrier, plus multiple attachments for two ice axes or trekking poles. Carry your helmet without getting it full of snow in the stowable attachment with protector.
A six-millimeter aluminum U-frame suspension system efficiently supports and transfers the load to your hips to save your back and shoulders on those long hauls, and thermomolded back padding delivers custom-like comfort. A removable hip belt lets you go streamlined with lighter loads and features its own pocket for small frequent-use items. A safety leg loop helps keep the bag in position, which is key when using an airbag pack. If you have the Mammut crampon bag, there's a designated attachment for that, too. Use your own hydration system with this bag to keep quenched and energized. Cinch down on the compression straps and go as lean as possible for the most comfortable carrying. Please note that this system does not include the Refillable Compressed Air Cartridge, which is available separately. And please remember, this airbag system is NOT a guarantee that you will survive an avalanche; get educated, get the right tools, travel with partners, and be smart out there.
- Removable Airbag System (RAS) single-bag system
- Stowable pull-handle with mechanical activation
- U-frame adjustable aluminum suspension
- Thermomolded back padding
- Removable padded hip belt
- Front and back panel access
- Safety leg loop
- Front shovel/snow tool pocket
- Diagonal ski and vertical snowboard carry
- Ice tool/ski pole carry system
- Stowable helmet carrier with snow protection
- Attachment for Mammut crampon bag, sold separately
- Side compression straps
- Hydration-system compatible
- Hipbelt, front tool, and large lined head pockets
- SOS label with emergency instructions
- Refillable compressed air canister is sold separately
- Please carefully review all instructions on use and maintenance
- The RAS system is compatible with other Mammut RAS backpacks, but WILL NOT work with Mammut Protection Airbag packs