The Hilleberg Keron 3 quickly became the standard tent for polar expeditions because of its superb durability and excellent wind stability, its roomy interior, and its simplicity. These same traits have made this tent a favorite of outdoor enthusiasts of every stamp. Certainly this includes the professionals, such as mountain guides, forest rangers, search and rescue teams, and military special operations units. At the same time, the Keron is also an excellent choice for families, hikers and regular users - anyone wanting a tent that is exceptionally sturdy yet relatively light in weight, that will work for any situation, and that will handle many years of use. Indeed, the Keron 3 is an admirable choice for any backcountry adventure, from demanding, extended winter expeditions, to long or short rambles in mountains and/or forests, to casual coastal jaunts, to relaxed overnight camping outings in your local recreation area.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm
poles make for an exceptionally strong
and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls
extend to the ground and mesh areas are
backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum
space to weight ratio and is the ideal
choice for mobile journeys.
- plenty of room for the stated number of occupants
and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer
tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for
pitching, and the simple, single-opening,
continuous sleeve and pole tensioner
pole system is quick to pitch and remarkably
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure
that one door can always be situated out
of the wind and provide flexible entry/
exit and storage options.
- One standard and one extended vestibule
in the Keron GT afford even more
gear storage and comfort.
- An optional footprint covers the entire
area of the outer tent, including the vestibules.
It connects directly to the tent,
and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used