In Haglöfs' line of super-technical ski gear, the Vojd Men's Jacket is the most technical jacket of the lot. One of Europe's most respected and long-lived gear manufacturers, Haglöfs has a reputation for producing quality products with super-clean design, and the Vojd doesn't disappoint. It was designed to keep you warm, dry, and comfortable on serious climbs, technical descents, and super-deep runs, with a burly two-layer Gore-Tex Pro waterproof and breathable membrane, low-bulk Gore-Seam Micro tape, and a DWR coating to help the 70D nylon shell shed water. When you're hitting the skin track, front-pointing up steep ice, or booting up a big couloir, the articulated sleeves let you move with ease, the extra-long underarm vents keep you cool, and the high fleece-lined collar keeps the wind from turning your chin into hamburger meat.
Of course, the Vojd is also designed to kill it it on the way down, with a removable stretch powder skirt that snaps or zips into compatible Haglöfs pants, high hand pockets that are easily accessible under a pack, and soft internal cuffs that keeps drafts and snow from sneaking up your sleeves while you're trenching through pow or jump-turning your way down some alpine névé. If you hit the resort for a day, the sleeve pocket is a great place to hold your pass, and there are cord ports in both the chest pocket and one of the internal stashes, so your tunes can be as on-point as your skiing.
- 70D nylon with a DWR coating
- Gore-Tex Pro membrane
- Fully taped with Gore-Seam Micro tape
- Long underarm vents
- Helmet-compatible hood with three-way single-hand adjustment
- High collar with fleece chin guard
- Articulated sleeves with inner cuff and hook-and-loop closure
- Removable stretch powder skirt with snap-down and zip-in compatibility
- High hand pockets, chest pocket, sleeve pocket, and internal media pocket
- Water-resistant laminated zippers
- Backcountry.com is the exclusive US source for Haglöfs' Fall 2014 collection