The Garmin Edge 820 provides cyclists with the perfect combination of navigation device and analysis tool! No matter if you want to prepare for a competition and need detailed training data or if you want to go for a short after work mountain bike trip - the Edge 820 is the ideal GPS device with pre-installed bicycle map and routing function!
Touch display and Active Routing
The device comes up with a compact design with a 2.3 inch colour display; an ambient light sensor automatically adjusts the screen's brightness to the lighting conditions. The touchscreen can be used wearing gloves even in wet conditions. Thanks to route planner and round trip routing features this bike computer allows planning short or long trips on streets or off-road trails for which different points of interests can additionally be defined. The system also supports address search and the round trip routing allowing the Edge 820 to calculate propositions for different round trips based on entered parameters such as distance, direction and starting point.
Advanced performance analyses and GroupTrack feature
Another highlight making this GPS device special is its GroupTrack feature. This can be used to link the devices of several cycling group members via Garmin Connect so that they can keep tabs on each other by means of the map. The perfect item for escapees and chasing packs! Enhanced performance analyses such as VO2 max, a recovery advisor, Strava live segments and advanced cycling dynamics complete the picture. But this is by far not everything the Edge 820 has to offer:
- Dual GPS and GLONASS satellite reception for difficult environments such as dense forests or near high buildings
- Wireless connectivity with live interface and information on the weather thanks to ANT+ and Wi-Fi
- Integrated accident alert system; compatible with Varia radar, Varia Vision and Varia bike lights.
- Compatible with Edge remote control, Garmin Connect and Garmin IQ store
- Advanced performance analysis, i.a. VO2 max, FTP/watt/kg recording, performance condition/anaerobic threshold value